Thursday, November 23, 2006

I am Grateful for...And Send a Soldier a Card!

A time to be thankful...

Sometimes it is hard for us to see what blessings we have to be thankful for. To see beyond the days troubles to feel blessed. I am just as guilty as anyone else.
But today I am reminded so vividly of all the things that make my life worth living.

I thought I would share a few:

I am grateful for my husband Dennis.
For all that he does each and every day. How hard he works so we can have a nice home and food in our bellies. For the laughter only he can bring out in our children. For the love he has given me for 15 years. For the intimacy we share that can be communicated with a single look or faint touch. Because he makes me a stronger woman and a better mom. Because he stands beside me not in front of me. Because with him I know what true love is...

I am grateful for my children, Ashley and Cameron.
I am thankful because they have made my heart a 100 times bigger than I ever thought it could be. Because they make me smile and laugh everyday. Because they are beautiful children who know the capacity of love and are not afraid to share it. Because they have taught me to enjoy the little things and to take time to play. Because they make me a better person and I am eternally grateful.

I am grateful for my Mom and my Dad.
Because they taught me love is everything. Family is the most important thing and that together love can build bridges and transcend even death.
I am grateful for my Dad who was the SAHD to me after he retired while my Mom worked.
Because he taught me the value of hard work and keeping your word. Because he taught me that you don't have to have $100 jeans and manicures to be special. Because everything that is special about you is inside. I am grateful that he was there to see me get married and have my first child. And I am grateful that he was my father one of the best men I have ever known. And I miss him desperately... Every day. And today I will carry him in my heart.
I am grateful for my Mom because she showed me the value of being a mother. That is not measured by clean dishes, and folded laundry but by the twinkle in your children's eyes when they see you. That being a mother is the most rewarding thing I will EVER do. I am grateful she taught me to cook and share meals with anyone who walks into my house because the value of conversation at the dinner table can never be measured. I am grateful she has blessed my life with her presence for so long. That she is here today to celebrate with us. I am grateful because she has taught me that love carries on long after death and you are never alone.

I am grateful for this crazy bunch of people called my family.
I am grateful I can talk to my sisters at any given second. That when push comes to shove they always have my back. Because they are strong for me and with me when I am weak. I am grateful for the love of brothers who live long distances away but still fill my heart with cherished memories of times spent together. I am grateful for the laughs, tears, and dreams we have shared. And I am thankful and PROUD to call them my family.

I am grateful for our fur babies.
They have taught me unconditional love and every single day these crazy mutts make me laugh. That they bring my children such joy and are adored.

I am grateful for friends with big hearts.
Lindsay my first online friend. I am grateful she came into my life and made it better for her friendship. I am so THRILLED and grateful to God for blessing her and Vinny with a baby. I am so happy for them and the journey they are starting. Congrats Girl! Much Love!

Karen who brightened my life with her generosity and friendship. Who makes me smile and feel all warm inside each and every day I read her blog! I am grateful that she shares her joy of life, family, love, and the military so that I and everyone else can just be ourselves and be better for knowing her. Thank you Karen!

Kah-Mei who for no reason other than her incredibly sweet self made me forget how crappy life can be sometimes and made me feel like I was special. A gift I will never forget, Kah-Mei! Thank you...

Gen who helped me look past my own fears and just be. Who shared advice and friendship just because she is who she is... An amazing soul. Thanks Gen!

I am grateful for my home.
It's not a mansion or ever going to be in Better Homes and Gardens but it's mine. And love lives here.

I am grateful for my health.
It's not always good but this old body has served me well for 36 years and given two beautiful children.

I am grateful to be an American.
Free. In a country where we can live our dreams and be anything we want to be. There is no other place like it on Earth.

I am grateful for our soldiers.
Stationed in the U.S. and abroad who put their lives on the line every day for our freedom and safety. Who selflessly serve for their love of country even amidst the most ugliest and dangerous of duties. My heroes.

Take a minute of your day today and send a postcard to a soldier.

Let's Say Thanks

The mission of Let's Say Thanks is to provide a way for individuals across the country to recognize U.S. troops stationed overseas. By submitting a message through this site you have the opportunity to send a free personalized postcard greeting to deployed servicemen and women.

The postcards, depicting patriotic scenes and hometown images, were selected from a pool of entries from children across the country.

All you have to do is click on your favorite design and either select the message that best expresses your sentiment or draft a personal note. The postcards are then printed on the Xerox iGen3® Digital Production Press and mailed in care packages by military support organization Give2TheTroops®.

Xerox is committed to helping people across the nation express their gratitude to our troops overseas. The launch of this program is aimed at reminding them how much Americans appreciate their service.


This is a amazing opportunity for all of us to touch the lives of the people who put their lives on the line for us everyday!
Please remember them!


Life is good.
It may not always be great.
But life is good.

Happy Thanksgiving to all...

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com