Monday, September 18, 2006

Water is my enemy!

I do not drink enough of it in any form. So says my doctor. I finally had to break down and go in today because I did not sleep at all last night. Nothing. Not even a second of sleep. My back hurt so bad I could have just cried the entire night but I just tossed and turned...Well rolled like a maimed seal and moaned is more accurate.

Who knew they could tell dehydration from a pee test. Sorry about the pee but I can stomach that work better than urine. Eww, that word almost makes me gag. So back to the story at hand. Dehydrated, Major kidney infection, and a sinus infection. Uh yeah. How fun.

I knew I was getting sick. Just didn't think much about it. Especially after my Mom was admitted back into the hospital after Labor Day and all the madness I just put it on the back burner. Not very smart in hindsight.

So Keflex and Vicodin are my drugs of choice. All I am hoping for in some sleep and a little less pain.

Next Tuesday the 25th, I go in for my MRI. 6:00 p.m. I'm nervous. I'm not claustrophobic but big girl in little tube doesn't ease my nerves. LOL! And for one hour on the torture slab without movement. They called in a sedative for the procedure because I have a lot of pain in my back consistently minus the kidney infection and laying on that slab makes me feel intense pain after about 20 minutes.

Word of warning to the wise:
Don't move furniture by yourself. Take care of your core. And if you feel back pain get it checked asap! You could save yourself major trauma later.

When I was 21 I was in a car accident where I was hit on the drivers side door by an oncoming car at a little over 60 m.p.h. By the grace of God the truck I was driving did not flip but when into a series of 360 degree spins before coming to rest in the grass median between the highways. I wasn't hurt badly. Bruised sore, whiplash and a little crushed spot on my vertebrae in my lower back. So small it never really caused any issues until a few years ago. Now it is deteriorating and my toes are starting to go numb. My doctor and I are both hoping it's just a nerve. So hence the torturous MRI again.

Did some Christmas shopping this past week. We bought Cameron the Lightning McQueen battery operated car. It was originally 219.99 but they had it on sale for 192.50 and with an extra 20% off we got it for 139.99. He is going to be so excited!

Well I am getting off here.. Feeling yukko and I am so tired I feel dizzy.

Life is good.
Are y'all lovin the cooler temperatures and smells of Fall?

I am :)

I love Fall.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com