Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Taco Skillet and Project Runway Reruns

What the heck?!?!?!

Project Runway reruns... From last season even! Crap!
Ugh! Made me mad...

Linds: Thanks for emailing me. I had a permanent smile on my face all day.

I had my Mom over for 6 hours today while Jess went to classes. She was good. A bit confused but she didn't sleep well last night. Dr. Duffy her neurologist says that is playing a part in the confusion. She and Cameron got along almost like the old days. It was good for the soul... She wanted no bake cookies so I obliged her since she has lost so much weight. I whipped up a double batch and sent half home with her and Jess.

Don't they look delish?!?!

Remember what I was saying in my last post about countertop space and cookies...

Now that's what I'm talking about...
Of course you don't see the other counter tops covered with all the stuff I used to make them either...LOL

I decided to make some chocolate chip walnut bars while I was feeling the cookie groove.


Truth be told, the one thing I like doing least is baking. I don't have the bake groove skills. But I fake it well. For these easy chocolate chip walnut bars I simply used 2 packages of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie mix. Added 1 cup of chopped walnuts and an extra cup of milk chocolate chips. Chocolate heaven.

Onto tonight's dinner recipe: Taco Skillet.

I have to say that by far this is the easiest recipe I have ever made. Quick, simple, and even though I was hesitant about how I would feel about rice as a ingredient this was AWESOME!

Even my brother-in-law who doesn't like rice loved this! To give you an idea of how much this was LOVED take a look at this...

This is what our dinner looked like before we even sat down to eat! Everyone that stopped over was trying it!

Here's the recipe:

Taco Skillet

Ingredients:
1 Pound Ground Beef
2 Cups Water
1 Package Taco Bell Taco Seasoning (Or whatever you prefer.)
2 Cups Instant Rice (Not the long cooking rice, Minute rice.)
1 Bag Mexican Style Shredded Cheese (Or Cheddar if you prefer.)
2 Cups Shredded Lettuce
2 Cups Chopped Tomatoes

Optional Items:
1 Cup Minced Onions
1 Cup Sliced Black Olives
1 Cup Sour Cream
Salsa
Tortilla Chips

1. Brown the ground beef in a large nonstick skillet.
2. Drain the grease.
3. Add the water and taco seasoning. Stir and bring to a boil.
4. Stir in rice.
5. Sprinkle with 1/2 the bag of shredded cheese.
6. Cover and reduce heat.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
8. Top with remaining cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and other optional items if you choose.

We also had tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole I had made earlier in the day.

This is excellent. Quick and easy clean up and OH so good!

Tomorrow's dinner is up in the air. Maybe patty melts and garlic Parmesan potato fries. But I am undecided.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com