Thursday, June 07, 2007

Love ya, Eug!

For my man...

Some pre-anniversary lovin`

A music tribute to our 20 years together and 16 of those legal ;)...

Currently Playing:
Heaven
Warrant
Our wedding song. The beginning.


In My Daughter's Eyes
Martina McBride
Just turned 21. The birth of our sweet round faced baby girl.


God Bless the Broken Road
Rascal Flatts
For all the times you sang to me... For always making me feel like I was the ONLY one.


I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
AeroSmith
For the thousands of nights we shared secrets, hopes, and dreams.


High Enough
Damn Yankees
Stupid fights. Childish games. A couple of teenagers fighting for something...something worth saving.


Joy Ride
Roxette
Our first apartment. First Car. First summer as grown ups.


It's Your Love
Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
The every day. Struggling to make a future...a life. Never losing sight of what was important.


Amazed
Lonestar
We lost your mom and grandma within 3 days of each other. I saw you hit rock bottom. I worried you would slip away from me...from us. And then one night you sang this to me...dancing on our back deck. Under the stars...and I knew everything would be ok.


If Tomorrow Never Comes
Garth Brooks
June 6th, 1999: Dad's funeral. Listening to hundreds of people say how much they loved him and what a good man he was. Seeing a part of Mom die that day. Feeling completely empty. Hearing this song as we said our last goodbyes at his coffin. And feeling your hand wrap around mine to let me know I was not alone.


Pink Houses
John Cougar Mellencamp
Buying our first home. Summer. Feeling like we had finally made the life we had dreamed of...


More Than Words
Extreme
Long car rides, bittersweet silence...Young kids finding their way.


How Far is Heaven
Los Lonely Boys
BBQ's, family, friends, cold beer and kiddos playing in the pool. Enjoying LIFE...every second.


Faithfully
Journey
16 and in love. Suppose it was silly at the time...all these years later still the exact same feeling.


Ignition
R. Kelly
Can't hear this without thinking of you sipping your drink of choice and dancing ever so...well ya know.


Wonderful Tonight
Eric Clapton
Because no matter where we are or what we are doing you always ask me to dance when this song is played...


What a Wonderful World
Louis Armstrong
For the past 16 years for the nest 16 years...for now and always.

1 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

This is just such an absolutely beautiful post!!! The songs are fantastic. Just loved it all!
Happy Anniversary!! I wish you many more happy years together!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com